pvc pipe house

thanks to some encouragement from readers I will embark on the following
project: a 5' piece of 3" diameter pvc pipe with some type of fitting to act
as the hole and for protection from the weather, I plan to fashion a basket
about 6" long from gutter guard to insert into the pipe for nest support and
so the  babies can climb out.  The fitting is so tight I will not need the
glue so will avoid noxious fumes.  I will let you know what happens.  barb
brooks  hillsblrough nc  brooksba@mindspring.com