children's illustrator/owls/et. al.

Heron nest on Bolin Creek doing well, survived Chapel Hill’s first summer
storm; RH Woodpeckers also in same area, and Parulas have been
there for a week, but have yet to see/hear a single YT Warbler -- anyone
else finding these scarcer than usual? Also, no swallows back
yet at Bolin Crk. viaduct.
  Campus owls are nesting; male usually sitting sentry-like watching
the nest tree whenever I stop by. Just found out today that
Chapel Hill Herald on Mallette St. has for sale Bill Willcox's award-winning
photo of these owls taken some yrs. ago and circulated around the world in
various publications -- it is in poster format and a bargain at $3 if
interested.
Lastly, anyone out there locally experienced with children’s illustrations
(or know someone)?? -- by a fluke (an assignment that
went awry!) I’ve written a children’s story based on the owls that needs a
good illustrator -- if someone wants to take a crack at it email me for more
details.

**Rob Gluck......Chapel Hill...... thrush@hotmail.com