[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Hooded warbler at Evergreen Nature Preserve - Charlotte
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Hooded warbler at Evergreen Nature Preserve - Charlotte
- From: "Louise Barden" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 20:18:13 -0400
- Reply-To: "Louise Barden" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
A male hooded warbler at the edge of the new Evergreen Nature Preserve near
Winterfield School in Charlotte just gave me such a good look at him that
there was no mistaking him for anything else. He was beautifully lit by the
late afternoon sun. He wasn't singing -- too busy hawking for insects from a
low fence. In fact he was so busy trying to eat that he landed almost right
next to me for a few minutes.
Now I KNOW it's spring.
For the location of Evergreen Nature Preserve, see the Mecklenburg Audubon
web site at www.meckbirds.org (Local Birding).