Ringed-turtle Dove in Catawba Co.

I did a little birding before church this morning and was on my way home
when I saw a odd looking dove on the power lines.  As I went past it, I
first thought it was just another Eurasian Collared-Dove, but I went back
anyway to check it out.  When I got back to it, it was obvious that it
wasn't an ECD.  It was somewhat smaller and much lighter in color.  It did
have the ring around the back of the neck, but it wasn't as wide as on an
ECD.  I guess it is an escaped cage bird.  It was nice to see the
differences in these birds.  The bird was on Oxford School Rd. just north of
Bunker Hill High School or about 1.5 miles from my house.  Maybe it will
come to my feeder.

Dwayne
Dwayne Martin
Foothills Bird Club