New winter birds

The winter regulars are beginning to appear. Last Friday (18th) a white-throated sparrow showed up in my yard. Yesterday (24th) two juncos were chowing down on sunflower seed that had fallen to the ground. I haven't seen any yellow-rumped warblers here yet, but last Sunday (20th), I encountered a typical winter flock at Lee State Park, Lee County, SC. That flock included chickadees, titmice, yellow-rumps, and a kinglet sp--I could see the rear half clearly and never got a look at the front half of the kinglet.

Bob
Robert C. Perkins, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Methodist College, Fayetteville, NC 28311
910-630-7037     rperkins@methodist.edu