Horned Larks, Am. Pipits - Horry County, SC

Carolinabirders,

We just got back from our regular Hardwick Road weekend walk.

We had 14 American Pipits and 3 Horned Larks in the big field directly
across the road from the abandoned tobacco barn shed.  This is our first
sighting for either of these species for this season.

We could have easily missed both of these if we weren't lucky.  Our
experience is that the Pipits are often, but not always there.  We believe
the Horned Larks will be more predictably present, but last January was the
first time we found them in these fields, so we don't know much about Horry
County larks in November.

Also firsts for this area this season, 13 Cedar Waxwings and a Field Sparrow.

Steve and Barbara

Stephen Thomas
stype@sccoast.net
Aynor, SC