Kingfisher @ Work

Today, I watched a kingfisher sitting on my bulkhead thrashing what appeared
to be a crawfish. I was inside watching from a window and have misplaced my
binoculars so had to rely on the unaided eyes. He would beat him on the
right side and then beat him on the left side over and over. Kept this up
for about five minutes until he was able to swallow it down. Never realized
what a good sized bird they are until now.

Reminded me of the children's poem:

"It wiggled and jiggled and tickled inside her"

Waiting to see what birds this cold weather might bring to my feeders.

Happy birding,

Ginny Gillam
Edenton, NC