Carolinabirds digest mode and archive

Carolinabirds now has a digest mode, so you can receive all the
messages posted during the day in one big message.  It should be
great for people that get too much e-mail, but not so good for folks
that like to drop everything to chase rare birds. :-)

It's easy to join -- send a message to majordomo@duke.edu with this
text in the body of the message:

subscribe carolinabirds-digest
end

To switch your subscription from regular to digest mode, send a
message to majordomo@duke.edu with this text in the body of the
message:

unsubscribe carolinabirds
subscribe carolinabirds-digest
end

(The optional "end" command prevents majordomo from reading the rest
of the message, which is useful if you have a signature or use a free
service that automatically appends junk to the end of every
message.)

When you subscribe you'll receive the usual Carolinabirds info file (I
haven't updated it yet to include info on the digest mode) and one
message a day with "carolinabirds-digest" in the subject line.  There
may sometimes be more than one digest a day when the size of the digest

exceeds 150K.  Subscribers to the digest should still be able to post
messages to Carolinabirds.  (Sorry about that "test" message - wasn't
expecting it to get through to Carolinabirds!)

The majorodomo folks at Duke have also just set up a searchable message

archive at http://lists.duke.edu/cgi-bin/wilma/carolinabirds
This is updated about once I day (I think) and now has 1 day's worth of

messages.  Older messages can be found at
http://www.ibiblio.org/~pardo/birds/

Enjoy!

Will Cook
carolinabirds-owner@duke.edu