Townville geese

The Greater White-fronted Geese reported from the Dobbins farm ponds in
Townville (Anderson Co., SC) were not to be found on Sunday morning.  When
Jane Chew and I got there about 9:30, the upper pond was covered with duck
decoys, and two hunters were sitting on the bank waiting for their quarry.
 There were a couple Buffleheads on the lower pond but nothing else.  We
checked some other ponds in the area, but we found no geese.

We did turn up three Least Sandpipers and a Palm Warbler in the muddy area
in front of the Dobbins cattle barns.

Jim Edwards
jim.edwards@furman.edu