Nelson's Not!

Spent three hours waiting for the sparrow in Hendersonville, NC.  Just
before I got (8:00AM) Tom Joyce saw a Merlin pounce on a Sparrow sized bird.
I found a wing of the bird it ate.  It had green on the flight primares,
the remaining feathers were a very dark brown.  I have digital photo's if
anyone out there is expert enough to figure out what kind of bird it was.  I
left the wing in the grass in front of the clump where the Nelson's was.
Hope Tom wasn't unwittingly the last to see it!

Stu Gibeau
Black Mountain, NC