kestrel again

Hi Carolinabirders,

Just heard from Florida birder Robin Diaz, who successfully chased the
Eurasian Kestrel near Lake Apopka. Bands were looked for but not seen. The
bird is skittish; not sure if falconry birds would necessarily be less shy
around people than wild ones, but this one is shy. Skittish enough, in
fact, that two idiots from California trying to get close-up photos
flushed the bird several times yesterday and scared it off! But it was
apparently back again this morning.

I wouldn't ordinarily post this many times about a bird outside of the
Carolinas, but I think the two occurrences in the eastern US this year are
the first in my lifetime, unless I missed a few!

Good birding,

Josh

Joshua S. Rose
Duke University