Yellow Throated Warbler

Dear Triangle  BIrders:
I took a walk along hte Haw river in Bynum today and was hoping to see or
hear several spring arrivals, and sure enough there was at least one
Yellow Throated Warbler singing madly in the pines. I hung around,
admiring an enormous black snake that was lying under a log by the flooded
trail and had hunkered down, absoulutely refusing to move; and while this
little drama was unfolding the Yellow Throated descended to the ground
level and took a short bath in a puddle right on the trail and then sat
for a good frew minutes preenign itself at eye level, showing me every bit
of its tiny body. Not something you get to see often. It even fanned out
its tail and let me see the white spots on its retrices.

I dint hear any Parulas nor any N Waterthrushes. Has anyone else heard
them yet? And does anyone know if Parulas are just a little later arriving
than Yellow Throated Warblers?

Shatanu Phukan

SHANTANU PHUKAN
Lecturer in Urdu-Hindi & Indian Literature
University of N. Carolina, Chapel Hill
Curriculum in Asian Studies
Alumni Hall 413C
Chapel Hill, N.C. 27599