field trip in the Croatan NF, NC

Spent the morning in the Croatan National Forest, mostly in the Little
Road area, with the Carteret County Bird Club.  We were hoping for some
early arrivals.

Spring has obviously begun.  We had numerous Yellow-throated Warblers,
numerous Northern Parulas, and numerous Blue-gray Gnatcatchers.  Also, a
few White-eyed Vireos, 3 Black-and-white Warblers, and an Ovenbird.  Did
not hear any Prairie Warblers or Black-throated Green Warblers.

Had great looks at Red-cockaded Woodpeckers just north of Catfish Lake
Road.

John Fussell
Morehead City, NC
jfuss@clis.com

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Cape Lookout Mail Server]