WNC warblers

I've been working out in the field the past two days and have spotted a few
interesting birds/new arrivals.  Today at Green River Gameland in eastern
Henderson County/western Polk Co. we saw or heard:
N. Parula
Ovenbird
Yellow-throated warbler
Hooded
Black-throated green
Black & white
Worm-eating
Also saw and heard a pair of broad-winged hawks that may have settled down
in the area.

Yesterday (4/14) near the same area we had a good look at a hermit thrush
and heard our first wood thrush of the spring.

Also yesterday (in Buncombe Co.), there was a Ruddy Duck at Lake Susan in
Montreat.  I then had a wonderful view of a Red-shouldered hawk near the
entrance to Burnett Reservoir.  It had already caught its supper, and may
have been carrying its prey (a rodent) back to its nest.

Reminder: Please let me know if you see any peregrine falcons in the next
couple of months in NC!

David Rupp
Asheville, NC
N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission