From: Gibeau, Stu [mailto:Stu.Gibeau@afccc.af.mil]
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2003 10:20 AM
To: Tim Lewis; Carolina Birds
Subject: RE: Parkway bad news

Tim, Actually that can be good news.  If you park at the gate early in the
morning you can walk the parkway and actually hear all the birds without the
sound of traffic.  I'm guessing the work crews wont be starting till 9:00
AM.  That will give you a couple of hours from sunrise till when the work
crews start making too much noise.  Right now most of the migrants are below
where the slide was as the trees further up haven't budded out yet.  On
Wednesday the best spot on the Parkway was just south of Tanbark tunnel, at
most it's a mile from the gate at Ox Creek Rd.

Stu Gibeau
Black Mountain, NC