yard bird #105

hi ya'll,

got home this eve and set about my routine of replenishing birdfood. heard a
familiar refrain in a very unfamiliar place (the back yard.) perched a few
feet away in a Laurel Cherry was male Eastern Towhee, resplendent in all his
glory. i've done breeding bird surveys of this neighborhood, crawled through
all the neighbors shrubbery (with their permission) looking for and at
nests, walked the streets here for hours on end with binoculars in hand
(questioned by the local constabulary twice,) even played a recording on
occasion, and this is the very first one i've seen/heard here.

Ms. Evelyn isn't any happier over her Swallow-tailed Kite sighting than i am
right now...

woohoo!

;-)

gary phillips
conway, sc
sunset zone 31

"...where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment
of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with
reverence..." (J.J. Audubon)