Long-tailed Duck

I hadn't heard of a Long-tailed Duck sighting in a couple of months, but a
female was seen yesterday on the north side of the north section of the
jetty at Murrells Inlet, SC.  The bird could not have been seen from
Huntington Beach but was seen well from the south end of Garden City Beach.
Of course this may simply be the same bird that had been seen in that
general area regularly in January and February.  If so, the winter plumage
that we'd been seeing earlier is long gone.

Ritch Lilly
Myrtle Beach, SC
scbeachbums@hotmail.com