Returned birds and Nightbird

Gray Catbird and Rose-breasted Grosbeak have returned to the yard.  Eastern
Wood Pewee is singing regularly but hasn't shown himself yet.

Is anyone else hearing Ovenbirds at night?  Almost every night for a week or
so now, not too long after it gets dark, maybe 9 or so, I hear one speak up
in our woods.  It sounds like an alarm call, as if an intruder's near the
nest.  I've watched them lead snakes away from the nest a lot of times
though and the calls they then are different.  When they're leading the
snakes away they give constant low mutterings, let the snake get close then
hop back a bit and repeat.  What I hear now is one loud outburst then
they're quiet.  Any ideas?

Take care, Craig Armstrong / Chapel Hill