N.C. has newly documented birds, too!

Folks:

note that several years ago a south Florida developer bought a farm next to
New River State Park in Alleghany County, N.C.

As he began "improving" the property with ticky-tacky, he produced a
brochure for his Florida friends/customers extolling the virtues of this
area in northwest North Carolina and its amenities, including its birdlife.
The photograph chosen to depict the local birds was of a Gray Jay perched in
a balsam fir.

As the brochure is still in print and readily available, I can send a copy
to Dr. LeGrand of the Natural Heritage Program, or whoever wants one, if
needed to document the heretofore unrecognized occurrence of Gray Jays in
N.C.

James Coman
Executive Director
Blue Ridge Rural Land Trust