blackbilled cuckoo, yc night herons, hooded maergansers

The day before yesterday I saw 3 young or immature
Hooded mergansers on my impoundment plus two adult
yellow crowned night herons. Hooded mergansers have
nested here before and I have seen their young when a
few days old,but like baby wood ducks, they are
difficult to see after a week old--these were about
the size of pigeons and could not fly. Yesterday I saw
an adult blackbilled cuckoo atfairly close range fly
into the impoundment ---efforts toget it answer a tape
this am (very overcast and drizzling) were fruitless.
I have never heardany call here before-clancy
ballenger, trenton, NC