Huntington Beach S P

Spent a few hours at the park this morning doing our Wed. bird walk. The
walk started out with scope views of singing Painted Buntings. At the
east end of the main causeway we saw a Yellow-billed Cuckoo feeding
young branching birds at separate locations.
There has been an Anhinga on one of the nest boxes in Mullet pond. On
the salt marsh we finished up with lots of the usual waders ,plus 4 Wood
Storks.
The Painted Buntings are still coming to the feeders at the Nature
center and also good long looks at 3 Common Ground-Doves.

Phil and Sharon Turner
Myrtle Beach, S C
philshar@earthlink.net