Carolina Wrens Fledged...so-to-speak

A very interesting and busy day.  Late morning, despite all the bad weather, my
four Carolina Wren babes decided to fledge.  Their nest is in our garage.  Garage
doors closed but back door to garage that leads to back porch  is always kept open
because of our dog (chow).  Well, with the stormy weather, the chow stayed under
the back steps snoozing most of the day.  So, she didn't interfere with the "mom &
dad" taking care of the babes.  I worried as to whether they would allow the
youngins' to leave the garage with the weather.  And, kept a close eye on the chow
so youngins didn't become a meal.  A few times, I saw two of the babes venture
onto the back porch.  They were not allowed to be there very long.  Scolded by mom
& dad and taken back into the garage.  I didn't get any work done today since both
myself, and my granddaughter, age 4, enjoyed all the activities of the day.   What
a great learning experience for Alexis.  Seeing babies fledge and watching parents
feeding them!  Know tomorrow, they'll be out into the "unknown" and will have lots
of learning & exploring to do.  But, I will say, today's experience was cool.
I've had babes in garage before but usually when they fledge, not there for long.
Longest I had was a couple hours.  But, enjoying them for a whole day was
unbelieveable.

Hope ya all don't mind my sharing with you.  It brought sunshine to me on a rainy
day.

When I checked on them awhile ago, saw two up on the mid-rail of the garage door
opener.  Needless to say, none of our vehicles are in the garage.  Can't take the
chance of having the babes get hurt with the garage door opener.

Paulette Biles
Hampstead, NC
jppt441@bellsouth.net