Jackson Park Birdwalk and Ventures Update

C-Birders
Our monthly Jackson Park Birdwalk was run this past Saturday 9 August. With
over 30 people there, we thought we would end with more people than birds,
but we need not have worried. We ended with about 50 species seen on the
2-hour walk. Not a bad total for this area in a somewhat sultry month.
Our next walk will be on Saturday 13 September.

Highlights were as follows:
Plenty of Ruby-throated Hummingbirds.............
An excellent selection of southbound (albeit slowly) warblers, including:
Northern Parula (4)
Chestnut-sided Warbler (1)
Black-throated Green Warbler (4)
Yellow-throated Warbler (1)
Black-and-white Warbler (10+)
American Redstart (10+)
Worm-eating Warbler (3)
Louisiana Waterthrush (1 heard)
Hooded Warbler (1 male)

It is always surprising to see such movement so early in the year.

We have 2 Ventures coming up in the next couple of weeks.

Friday 15 August    Botanising and birding on the Blue Ridge with Elisabeth
Feil and Simon Thompson
Saturday 30 August    Tree identification (very important for finding those
birds!) and birding with Elisabeth Feil and Beth Brinson

Please contact the Ventures office for reservations and for further
information
Simon

Simon Thompson
Ventures Birding and Nature Tours