yard activity, another migrant

At around 5:00 there was some activity in my yard
after the passage of a fairly strong cold front.

Saw a first fall Chestnut-sided Warbler numerous
times, a pretty male American Redstart, a couple of Yellow-
throated Vireos (chased eachother at one point), male and
female Summer Tanagers, Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, and
Hummers seemed to be zooming about everywhere up
in the treetops.  A Pileated called almost non-stop down
in the woods.
Enjoyed great views of an Ovenbird about 10 ft. up in a
tree walking along a branch and trying to remove
a caterpillar from an oak leaf.

Later on after 7PM, while walking my dog, I realized I wasn't
hearing any Wood Thrushes doing their "alarm" calls as
they had been doing just the night prior.

Shelley Theye

Shelley Theye
N. Chatham County, NC
veery@bellsouth.net