Buncombe County

Hi folks;
While walking in the Haw Creek Park, which has a few butterfly plants (Joe-Pye and others) I saw a curious sight. I was being walked by our Pug, which took most of my attention, but I looked up into the trees for a minute and saw Tiger Swallowtails flying around in the tops of Tulip Trees (Yellow Poplar - Liriodendron tulipifera), and also in the tops of Wild Cherry (Prunus serotina). Egg laying?
Also saw a pair on a neighbors Butterfly Bush in a mating dance. One was a black phase female - the male was of course yellow and black. Ever notice how many people call a Tiger a Monarch???
Also have been seeing a bewildering array of Grass Skippers. One which sticks in my mind (seen with wings folded) has all yellow wings with a half moon of brown near the body. I looked at the http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/resource/distr/lepid/bflyusa/chklist/states/nc.htm web site and it looked like a Zabulon. Also checked it with Randy's site. I am about 87% sure, but I want some feedback; are Zabulons likely in Buncombe county right now? Seen at woods edges, usually perched about 5 feet from the ground or nectaring at the same height.
Seen a number of white butterflies, probably Cabbage, but would like to see a Checkered. Very few sulphurs. Seen a few Spicebush ST's, but in no way as plentiful as Tigers.

Good Leppin'
Alex Netherton, the Appalachian Naturalist
alex@alexnetherton.com