Cuckoo question

Hopefully this is not a cuckoo (aka silly) question!

I've been hearing a Yellow-billed Cuckoo(s)  calling in
the woods around my house for weeks now.
much more often, it seems, than in the past few years.
It is the call with a single repeated note, over
and over again.

Last night, with the windows open, I even heard it calling
numerous times in complete darkness, somewhere between
say midnight and 3 AM.

Is it that unusual to hear a Cuckoo calling in the middle of the night?

Shelley Theye

Shelley Theye
N. Chatham County, NC
veery@bellsouth.net