Philadelphia Vireo in Chapel Hill

This afternoon I checked out the Bolin Creek Greenway at Elizabeth St.
(off Franklin St. in Chapel Hill NC).  Didn't see many migrants but had
one good one, a Philadelphia Vireo.  They're not rare in the mountains,
but I've never seen one around here before -- species number 271 for my
Triangle-area list!  I love the unmistakeable angry expression on their
faces.

On the Chatham County fall count (9/20) the highlight for me was a nice
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher (number 231 for my Chatham Co. list).  Also
saw a Worm-eating Warbler and 8 Yellow-billed Cuckoos -- 3 in one tree,
feasting on caterpillars.

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                  w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook            cwcook@duke.edu