Henderson County ECD

Folks,
        At mid-day today, I was birding on Hooper Lane.  At the intersection
of Jeffress Road, I observed a very pale, Dove like bird sitting in a bare
tree.  I was able to study the bird from less then 40 feet and very quickly
realized that it was a Eurasian Collared Dove, a county first.  I took
several photographs and took some video of the bird as well.  I was able to
observe the bird for at least 30 minutes before I left.  I called Ron Selvey
and Bob Olthoff who also responded.  Bob called to report that the bird was
not there, so I went out and met them there.  Just as we started to walk
down Jeffress Road, we heard the distinctive call of a Eurasian Collared
Dove and saw the bird sitting on the wires beside a house,  just where one
would expect to see a Eurasian Collared Dove.
Wayne
Wayne K. Forsythe
Hendersonville, N. C. 28791
828-697-6628