Litchfield-Pawleys Island CBC

Dear Recipients,
Excuse me if you are getting this message for the second time.

The Litchfield-Pawleys Island CBC will be held this year on Tuesday,
December 30th.
There are two meeting places for this count.  The parties East of the
Waccamaw River meet at the education center at HBSP between 6AM and 6:30
for instructions and distribution of materials.  The participants in
parties working west of the Pee-Dee River meet at the gates to the
Plantersville Sod Farm which is located on State Secondary Road 52
(Plantersville Road) about 4 miles east of Route 701.  They will meet
about 6AM.  The co-compiler who handles matters in this area and who
will be distributing the materials is Tonya Spires.
 If anyone would like to participate we ask only two things: that you
know some of the common birds of winter; and that you participate for at
least half a day.
The participants fee required by the National Audubon Society is $5 per
person.  You can either pay in person at the meeting place (exact change
helps) or you will soon be able to pre-register for this and any other
count on line.   Registering on line may be of interest to those who
participate in multiple counts because for counts 5 and 6 the fee is
waived.
Please contact me as soon as you know you are or are considering
participating in the Litchfield-Pawleys Island CBC. I can be reached at
ppaw@sccoast.net or by phone at 843-347-5810 but contact early because
I'll be out of town from Dec.19 to 28.  To call Tonya directly, her
number is 843-397-0384.
I usually like to have parties of 2 to 5 participants in a field party.
(to me over 5 is a field trip).  Last year I had two areas not covered
at all and two others with only one participant while one area (without
my knowledge) had 8 people in it.
The areas west of the rivers are wonderful places to census there are
about 5 private plantations all of which are on the Pee Dee River, the
Plantersville Sod Farm and Samworth Game Management Area that need to be
covered. Frequently 50+ species are found in these  areas.

Thanks,
Jack Peachey
Co-compiler