White Pelicans at Phinizy Swamp in Augusta, GA

I thought this might interest anyone who lives in western South Carolina.  I found 2 White Pelicans at Phinizy Swamp in Augusta yesterday evening.  The birds were flying over the wetlands and landed in a pond at the back of the property.  I found one of the teachers at the park, Ruth Meade, and we went to confirm the sighting.  We flushed the birds who flew back across the wetlands and landed in a small pond at the end of the 'Sparrow Field' where we were able to get a good look at them.  Ruth said that she would allow birders to drive in if they wished as long as they checked in with her first.  For directions to the park and contact numbers you can go to www.phinizyswamp.org.  These birds are a first for the park (and a life bird for me too!)