Date: Wed, 05 Mar 1997 10:21:29 -0500
From: Jeph Herrin <jherrin@ctrclineval.sph.emory.edu>
To: "Bert J. Dempsey" <bert@ruby.ils.unc.edu>
Subject: Re: Reason to fear technology (fwd)

i no longer fear technology.

monday, because of problems with our local mail server,
i forwarded my mail to my account on the main emory
system. i left out that "\" in the forward file which
means keep a local copy; so the first message coming in
got forwarded and RESENT to the local account.

jim got a call monday night from Emory HQ that our network
was being shutdown because ONE of our messages (the first one
I got after my stupid mistake, which happened to be from
loret) had filled up the ENTIRE university mail system, including
a 2GB SMTP server.

i brought the whole domain to its knees.

i no longer fear technology.