2007 Panels and Speakers and Speaking
Conferences and Speakers
Participation and Speaker
- WebWise 2007. March 1, 2007. Invited presenter on Folkstreams.net.
- Planning meeting with the B. B. King and Delta Interpretive Center. January 17, 2007. Invited participant.
- TechTuesdays program at Duke's Information Studies/Information Science. January 23, 2007. Featured speaker.
- Computer Science 380. Open Source and Innovation. March 5, 2007. Guest Lecturer.
- Expertise, Science and Democracy Working Group. Cultural Studies. Invited speaker. March 8, 2007.
- Open Government Conference. Elon University. Marth 15, 2007. Attendee.
- UNC ASIST panel. "This Converstion is Being Blogged." Invited panelist. March 29, 2007.
- Business 2.0 Next Disruptors. Invited participant. April 5, 2007.
- Technology Entrepreneurship class. "Open Source and Copyright." Guest speaker. April 10, 2007.
- OCLC, Inc. Invited speaker. May 13 - 15. Dublin, Ohio.
- Preserving Cultural Heritage. UNC-Asheville. Keynote speaker. May 18. Asheville, North Carolina.
Grants and gifts
* Advanced Micro Devices -- two Dual Opteron servers (for Groklaw).
* Fedora Foundation and Red Hat -- NetApp attached storage (for Linux distros). Value $9000.00.
* Syngenta -- Network attached storage. 0.5 TB.
* National Endowment for the Humanities -- "Finding the Celtic" A digital collaboratory for Celtic Studies -- Michael Newton PI.
* ibiblio's 15th Anniversary recognized by the North Carolina House of Representatives.