The Java Paradigm: Language dimension
Java compiles to an object code for a theoretical machine;
the Java interpreter emulates that machine.
- The theoretical machine, or interpreter, is different for each Operating
- Each Interpreter must be built for each platform
Java is easy to learn and use, unlike C, C++ and other
- C programmers will love it. No hidden surprises like
pointer and garbage collection.
- Syntax is very similar to C/C++
- Objects based
Java Code is Portable
- It's not really portable.
- What is portable is the Object Code Java compilers produce
Java can be extended to EVERYTHING
- Currently Java can only run inside its "space"
- This a security limitation, a specialized Java interpreter
can do anything it wants
- Look for specialized libraries to extend functionality
Java is interpreted, so is BASIC. Is Java just a glorified
- Absolutely not, Java is compiled into byte-codes
- The compiled nature allows faster speed of execution
- The compiled nature allows complex abstractation, like