Subject: [SWIPL] Integrated SWI-Prolog 4.0.0/XPCE 5.1.0 available

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 16:39:45 +0100

Hi,

I uploaded the integrated XPCE/Prolog to the usual places.  The
download page contains both the full source and the `lite'-sources.  A
brief overview of the integrates SWI-Prolog 4.0.0:

	* SWI-Prolog itself
	* clib package containing fork(), exec(), pipe(), etc (Unix
       	  only) as well as TCP/IP sockets (all platforms)
	* c++ interface (SWI-cpp.h)
	* sgml/xml/rdf parsers
	* table (access record/line files quickly)
	* XPCE with
		* PceEmacs offering Prolog syntax higlighting
		* GUI frontend for help/1
		* GUI tracer
		* ... And of course for writing graphical applications.

Versions available:

	* Full source as .tar.gz file.  Builds on Solaris 2.7, Linux
	  (tested on SuSE) and MS-Windows-NT or -2000 (result runs on
	  '95 and '98)

	* Self-installing window executable

	* Linux RPM build on SuSE
	  PLEASE delete the old RPM's first:

		rpm -e pltrace
		rpm -e xpce
		rpm -e pl

		rpm -i pl-....rpm

Enjoy the download from

	http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/projects/SWI-Prolog/download.html

Enjoy and share your opinions and problems.  Think about extending the
SWI-Prolog twiki-web which has many people registered, but few user
contributions.  Remember that information there is much more structured
than the mailinglist.

	Regards --- Jan