Subject: Re: [SWIPL] How to create a log file?

From: "Richard A. O'Keefe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 12:54:47 +1300 (NZDT)

David Yang <[email-masked]> wrote:
	[He would like to get a log-file the way log/0 did in DEC-10 Prolog.]

In UNIX systems, the answer is to use the UNIX 'script' command.
This logs all (and I mean all) characters typed at the keyboard
or sent to the screen.  You can even use it to replay emacs sessions.
So
	csh1> script prolog.log
	csh2> pl
	.........
	halt.
	csh2> exit
	csh1> 

Here I have "csh1" as the prompt printed by the outer shell,
and "csh2" as the prompt printed by the inner shell that 'script'
starts up.

What you would do on Windows I cannot imagine.  Suffer, probably.
(We have two Telnet programs installed on the Windows machines in
a lab I've been teaching in lately.  One of them won't let you use
the arrow keys with Emacs, and the other one won't let you enter
Ctrl-@ not NOHOW.  Is this a plot against telnet+emacs?  Probably.)