Subject: [SWIPL] partial evaluation

From: "Bernd Fischer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 19:31:18 -0800

Hi,

does anybody have any experience with partial evaluation of full SWI-Prolog
(excluding the module system)? Are there any systems out there which can be
recommended? What speed-ups can I typically expect?

Consider for example the predicates

  p(PredicateName, TermIn, TermOut) :-
	...,
	call(PredicateName, TermIn, TermOut),
	...
and

  q(TermIn, TermOut) :- p(test, TermIn, TermOut).

What I really here want is of course to get rid of the meta-call in p. How
much can I do with goal_expansion and term_expansion? So, any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

-- fisch

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bernd Fischer                             Automated Software Engineering Group
RIACS, NASA Ames Research Center                    [email-masked]
M/S 269-2                               http://ase.arc.nasa.gov/people/fischer
Moffett Field, CA 94035, USA             +1(650)604-2977  fax 4036  rm 269-239