Subject: Re: [SWIPL] problem with listing

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 10:04:13 +0100

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, jean pierre spagnol wrote:
>Hello
>I have a problem with the predicate "listing". I have a program which
>build a list of clause: regle(A,B,C) :- Body. When I want to store the
>list in a file automatically it is impossible. It seems there are too
>many clauses. Is there a limit size for using the predicate listing. My
>list of rules is about 2000. If there is, how can I solve the problem.

Especially as listing is failure-driven, there should be no limit. 
Possibly there is a clause that is not handled correctly by the
decompiler?  What is the error message?  Is it on a particular clause?
Does listing this one-and-only clause change anything?

>Another question. Is there a limit size for the number of elements in a
>list?

Only the memory-limit of the stack.  If you run out, say global stack, 
use -G10m to het 10 MB instead of the default 4, or -G0 to get as much
as the system can get with a limit of 128MB on 32-bit machines.

	--- Jan