Subject: [SWIPL] biginer's question.

From: Prasad Manjre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 15:49:21 +0530 (IST)

Hi everybody,
  I am very much new to prolog. So kindly help me to solve my problem.
 we can delete the contents of the list. ok. But can we use that deleted
list again in the program? or rather in the other loop of the same
program?

    I am facing this problem while allotting the  multisection for the
students.A part of the problem is somewhat like this:
 There are 15 students & three instructors(say a1,a2,a3) to teach one
subject"a".Each instructor is going to teach exactly five students but at
different times.The students will give the preferences according to their
convenience.like 'std1(a1,a2,a3)','std2(a2,a3,a1)' & so on.We have to
allot them the instructors fulfilling the mentioned conditions(like one
instructor is going to teach five students).Preference will be given to
those students who apply early.
 This is for one subject only. Like this there are three subjects.
Guide me as early as possible.
 
Thanking you.

prolog family member,
 Prasad