Subject: [SWIPL] SWI-Prolog 4.0.2/XPCE 5.1.2

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 12:14:26 +0100

Hi,

The release for SWI-Prolog 4.0.2 with XPCE 5.1.2 is available for
download.  According to our server statistics the new packaged
release appears very popular, providing more bug-reports :-)

There are no big new things, mostly small issues streamlining of
installation and usage and a few new things.  Summarising:

SWI-Prolog:

	* Fixed two memory leaks
	* Added callable/1
	* Fix in write/1 on write(a,(b,c))
	* Fix printing warnings on source-files containing ~-characters
	  (mostly Windows problem)

Development:

	* Various PceEmacs improvements, notably layout handling
	  mistakes due to comments.  Also added mode-help for the
	  Prolog mode.
	
SGML/XML:

	* Improved attribute parsing (contributed by Richard O'Keefe)

XPCE:

	* Maturalised class win_printer, providing printer access under
	  Windows.
	* Many improvements to PceDraw: Printing in Windows, patches
	  to undo, added tool-bar, fixed recent-file menu.
	* Fixed (rare) crash on unhandled keyboard input.
	* Properly deal with directory in Windows file-finder
	* Added omitted dialog-editor bitmaps (windows distribution)
	* Added HSV (Hue-Saturnation-Gradient) colour-space handling,
	  simplifying computations on colours.  Also added
	  library(gradient) defining class gradient as a subclass of
	  image to make colour-gradients using a linear transition in
	  HSV-space.

	Happy hacking

		--- Jan