Subject: Re: [SWIPL] SWI-Prolog 4.0.2/XPCE 5.1.2

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:24:02 +0100

Mark,

> Jan, when I download the Full Source to my Windows NT box, the virus
> checker from McAfee tells me the file has a virus (unknown) which
> can't be cleaned.
> 
> Is this likely/possible or is it more likely a problem at my end
> (not something I've had before).

The full source is a .tar.gz file (e.g. date).  The only executable
bits are the makefiles (pl\src\rules.mk and Makefile.mak in many
directories).  Creating the archive is done from a Unix machine that
isn't directly in touch with any Windows machine.  The windows machine
used for development is a Windows-NT/TSE machine using SP6.  Operated
as normal user and the relevant programs are read-only to normal
users.

In theory virusses could work themselves in the makefile and travel
trough the version control-system to the main repository but I believe
this is highly unlikely.

	--- Jan