Subject: [SWIPL] installation problems

From: Art Werschulz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 12:15:06 -0500

Hi.

Platform: i386-linux (RedHat 6.2)

I am currently running pl-3.3.8-30, and wish to upgrade.  When I try
to install either pl-3.4.5-38.i386.rpm or pl-4.0.2-44.i386.rpm, I get
  error: failed dependencies:
        libncurses.so.5 is needed by pl-3.4.5-38
        libreadline.so.4.0 is needed by pl-3.4.5-38
As far as I can tell from the RedHat ftp site, I am using the most
recent rpm versions of ncurses, ncurses-devel, readline, and
readline-devel.  Moreover:

  # ls libncurses.*
  libncurses.a  libncurses.so@  libncurses.so.4@  libncurses.so.4.0*
  sobolev:lib# rpm -qf libncurses.*
  ncurses-devel-5.0-12
  ncurses-devel-5.0-12
  ncurses-5.0-12
  ncurses-5.0-12
  # ls libreadline.*
  libreadline.a  libreadline.so@  libreadline.so.3@  libreadline.so.3.0
  sobolev:lib# rpm -qf libreadline.*
  readline-devel-2.2.1-6
  readline-devel-2.2.1-6
  file libreadline.so.3 is not owned by any package
  readline-2.2.1-6

(If I remember correctly, I made the libreadline.so.3 symlink by hand.)

So, my question: from which RPMs can I obtain the libncurses.so.5 and
libreadline.so.4.0?  

Thanks.

-- 
Art Werschulz (8-{)}   "Metaphors be with you."  -- bumper sticker
GCS/M (GAT): d? -p+ c++ l u+(-) e--- m* s n+ h f g+ w+ t++ r- y? 
Net: [email-masked] <a href="http://www.dsm.fordham.edu/~agw/">WWW</a>
Phone:   Fordham U. (212) 636-6325, Columbia U. (212) 939-7061