Subject: Re: [SWIPL] Swi-Prolog and Builder

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 09:52:02 +0200

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Deja User wrote:
>Hello !
>I`m trying to use Swi-Prolog and Borland Builder. I got it work when I
>loaded libpl.dll with loadlibrary. But is there a function wich
>loads/consults prolog file like LoadXPL amzi has.
>Has anybody used prolog with builder or knows any resources ?

If you are novice and expect a high-level interface, please have
a look at the C++ interface, for which you find the include file
in include/SWI-cpp.h and the documentation in doc/packages/pl2cpp.html

I've got no idea whether all this works with Borland.  Normally you
attach the libpl.lib to your C/C++ project to get access to the Prolog
engine.

B.t.w.  In many cases it is much easier to turn your C/C++ code into
a DLL and load that into Prolog using load_foreign_library/1.

If you found out about using Borland, please start a section on the
Prolog Twiki web (that already contains quite some information on
using SWI-Prolog with foreign code on different platforms).

	--- Jan