Subject: [SWIPL] How to swipl list becoming comp.lang.prolog.how.to.do.my.coursework?

From: "Chris Wright" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 11:58:40 +1000

I've noticed an increasing number of postings like this recently:

>I am learning prolog language. I have a project. Here is the request:
>Use prolog language to draw a square grid of 50 by 50 locations to simulate
a soccer field,  >place each team's soccer players in the own quarters at
the start of game.

[etc etc etc]

>How to draw the grid? Can I use write statement? How to set the players on
the field? Can I >write like this (suppose we have two teams, one is A, the
other is B):
>start_pos(1A, 5, 5)
>start_pos(2A, 5, 30)

[etc etc etc]

People like Richard O'Keefe patiently answer, and gently suggest that the
poster should buy a good prolog book. Other, less tolerant, sit on their
hands to stop far more incendiary replies. This is a SWI Prolog list, not a
homework / coursework support group. If people want help with their
assignments, then they should post to comp.lang.prolog (and then stand well
back !)

Any ideas to stop this abuse spreading?

cheers

chris