Subject: Re: [SWIPL] How to swipl list becoming comp.lang.prolog.how.to.do.my.coursework?

From: "Richard A. O'Keefe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:46:36 +1200 (NZST)

"Chris Wright" <[email-masked]> commented on the
	>I am learning prolog language. I have a project. Here is the request:
	...
message:
	This is a SWI Prolog list, not a homework / coursework support group.
	If people want help with their assignments, then they should
	post to comp.lang.prolog (and then stand well back !)
	
Some people try to learn Prolog on their own.  There was a sad case recently
with someone posting from a former Iron Curtain country who apparently really
couldn't afford to _get_ a Prolog book.  (Weird systems of economics in which
people can get computers but not manuals also exist in the US.  We occasionally
got help queries at Quintus from someone whose company paid big bucks for
high-tech software, and then (I am NOT kidding) locked the manuals away in a
cupboard and forbade the engineers to look at them.  (The company didn't know
all our documentation was on-line!))

However, this one really does look like a homework project, in which
case the people who set the project would much rather THEY were consulted.

To be honest, I was feeling a bit guilty because the thought of struggling
through yet another incomprehensibly worded clueless problem description
had made me give up on this one.

	Any ideas to stop this abuse spreading?
	
Well, we could post *wrong* answers to homework problems. (:-)