Subject: RE: Trying to build Multi-thread version

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 09:57:39 +0200

On Wed, 04 Apr 2001, you wrote:

[ Just see whether there is somebody with an idea on the list.
  
  Danny is trying to build the multi-threaded version of SWI-Prolog
  on vanilla RedHat 7.0, using glibc 2.1.9 and gcc 2.96 (If I recall
  correctly).  From the configuration run it looks fairly standard
  and the single-threaded version runs fine.

  Anyone who build the multi-threaded version on RedHat 7?  Any other
  platforms on which it should run (i.e. having POSIX threads) with
  similar problems?

	--- Jan
]

>	Yes the single-threaded version builds fine and runs with no problems. I
>tried reloading from tar file and building the multi-thread version first
>but the make still fails. I have included the log file from the make. Do you
>have access to Red Hat 7.0 ?
>
>Dan Wages
>
>****************
>Making SWI-Prolog 4.0.2 for i686-linux

>./pl -O -o pl.prc -b ../boot/init.pl
>  (31) system:format(user_error, ERROR: (~w:~d):~n,
>[/home/dmw/prolog/pl-4.0.2/boot/load.pl, 7])
>  (30) $messages:print_system_message(error(signal(segv, 11),
>context(format/3, _G351)), error, [~q/~w: -[format, 3], Caught signal ~d
>(~w)-[11, segv]])
>  (28) system:$exception_in_directive(error(signal(segv, 11),
>context(format/3, _G351)))
>^ (27) system:catch(system:[syspred, messages, toplevel, listing, make,
>sort, bags, apply, list, writef, history, dwim, parms, autoload, qlf, rc,
>user:topvars], error(signal(segv, 11), context(format/3, _G351)),
>$exception_in_directive(error(signal(segv, 11), context(format/3, _G351))))