Subject: [SWIPL] Ann. SWI-Prolog 4.0.3/XPCE 5.1.3

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 17:15:53 +0200

Hi,

This new version is at the usual place:

	http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/projects/SWI-Prolog/download.html

The version has a couple of rather obscure but serious bugs fixed, as
well as a many changes to the development environments.  Please let
me know whether I'm on the right track and what problems you have.

Sumarise of changes:

Linux RPM:
----------

	* Now build on SuSE 7.1.  Depends on the more current
	  libreadline.so.4

Prolog behaviour
----------------

	* Fix in recordz/3 that could lead to the loss of records

	* Fix registering atoms used in option-management, that could
	  break creating a saved-state after and atom-garbage
	  collection.

Prolog GUI debugger
-------------------

	* Fixed break-point handling

	* Integrated debugger source-window with PceEmacs

	* Added a `navigator' to view the structure of files.

	* Many more!

Development environment
-----------------------

	* Made spy/1 and help/1 (and friends) hook-able, the create
	  a common front-end for core prolog and extensions as for
	  edit/1.

	* PceEmacs: too many to name them.  Most important is that
	  you can set break-points from the source.  I also attempted
	  to make a editor a bit friendlier to non-Emacs users.

	* Added many cross-links to switch between the various tools.
	
XPCE
----

	* Many detailed enhancements in both development environment
	  and runtime environment. Check the XPCE ChangeLog for details.

	--- Jan