Subject: Re: [SWIPL] help!

From: "Richard A. O'Keefe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 16:37:25 +1200 (NZST)

I would like to know if it's possible to create one predicate with different 
	length,and different type of arogument
	
No.  It is, however, possible to create *DIFFERENT* predicates
that just happen to have part of their name (the symbol) in common.

	ex. test(X,Y,Z)      ....test(integer,symbol,integer)       3 arguments
	     test(W,K,L,M,N) .....tese(integer,integer,integer,...)  5 arguments
	     test(A,X)    ........test(symbol,integer)               2 arguments
	
This example lists three predicates test/3, test/5, and test/2.
Predicates are named by module:symbol/arity triples; if any part of
the name is different, you have a a different name for a different predicate.

	and how I can declare it in domain and predicates section
	
There is no 'domain' or 'predicates' section in SWI Prolog.
That's PDC Prolog, formerly Turbo Prolog.  Edinburgh/ISO Prologs do
not use compile-time types (although there is the DEC-10 Prolog type
checker floating around).

There is no type-based overloading in SWI Prolog.