Subject: [SWIPL] Announce: SWI-Prolog 4.0.5/XPCE 5.1.5

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 10:55:19 +0200

Hi,

Time for a new version :-)  This version is especially interesting for
people working with large datasets and people using Prolog
non-interactively.  Changes:

SWI-Prolog
==========
	
	* Added handling of #!/interpreter `Prolog Scripts'.  This
	provides both for direct scripting in Unix as well as for
	providing options to your load.pl in Windows.  Check the
	documentation at

http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/projects/SWI-Prolog/Manual/sec-2.10.html#sec:2.10.2.1

	* New option -q to make the system supress all `informational'
	messages.
	
	* Fixed re-hashing of growing predicates.  The conditions are
	a bit hard to describe, but it *could* happen that very large
	predicates were using a very small table for indexing.

	* Fixed garbage built-up in meta-calling of complex goals.

	* Windows: get stack-limits from registry.  The File/Preferences
	menu from the little windows started with ?- manpce. provides
	a UI for this.

	* Save home-directory in saved-states of `class development',
	so the state can always refer to the libraries.  See
	qsave_program/2.

	* Unix/Readline/XPCE: use more of readline to make abort and
	call-back handling work more smoothly.  Provide clean
	compilation with readline 4.2.  Hopefully detects all older
	versions properly ...

	* SWI-Prolog now compiles cleanly on IRIX 6.5 with native cc

XPCE
====

	* Various small enhancements.  Check the ChangeLog for details.

Thanks for all the comments!

Enjoy
	
	--- Jan