Subject: Embedding troubles

From: Luis Iraola Moreno <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 09:32:46 +0100 (WET DST)

Hi everyone,

I have been successfully embedding Prolog code within C++ applications
using SWI 2.9.11 and VC++ 5.0 under Windows NT 4. My problem arises when
trying to embed the same Prolog code using now SWI 3.2.7.

After generating the corresponding QLF file with qsave_state/1 (using no
options but specifying now the '.qlf' extension), and replacing the old
(2.9.11) 'libpl.dll' with the new one, the call to PL_intialise() now
stops the C++ application exiting with code 2.

The same code (Prolog and C++) works fine with version 2.9.11. I have
tried to use the QLF file generated by 3.2.7 with the 2.9.11 libpl.dll and
then I get the same exit code plus the explanation: 

FATAL ERROR:
		header script too long (> 100 lines)

(I know that since 3.2.0 this message box does not appear, I suppose that
is way I just have the exit code when I use 3.2.7 libpl.dll)

Have I skipped any relevant changes in the way qsave_program/1 and/or
PL_initialise() work in the newer versions? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Luis Iraola.