Subject: [SWIPL] A help with the use of the module predicate.

From: "Sergio R. P. da Silva" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 16:53:07 -0300

Hi all,

I'm trying to run the programs that come with the book "Representation and
Inference for Natural Language" from Patrick Blackburn and Johan Bos
(http://www.comsem.org/
But I can't make it work since the operators defined in the module described
below are not exported for the mainLambda.pl module.
If I insert the code directly in the mainLambda file everything works fine,
ie., the operators get exported to the other module as it needs to be.

Can anybody ell me if this is a problem with the code or with the module
system behavior?

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers,

Sergio Silva.

/*************************************************************************
         name: comsemOperators.pl
 *************************************************************************/
:- module(comsemOperators,[]).
/*========================================================================
   Operator Definitions
========================================================================*/
:- op(950,yfx,@).         % application
:- op(900,yfx,'<>').      % bin impl
:- op(900,yfx,>).         % implication
:- op(850,yfx,v).         % disjunction
:- op(800,yfx,&).         % conjunction
:- op(750, fy,~).         % negation

/*************************************************************************
         name: mainLambda.pl (Chapter 2)
 *************************************************************************/
:- module(mainLambda,[parse/0]).

:- use_module(readLine,[readLine/1]),
   use_module(comsemOperators),
   use_module(comsemPredicates,[printRepresentation/1,compose/3]),
   use_module(betaConversion,[betaConvert/2]).

:- [englishGrammar], [englishLexicon], [semMacrosLambda].
/*========================================================================
   Driver Predicate
========================================================================*/
parse:-
   readLine(Sentence),
   s(Formula,Sentence,[]),
   betaConvert(Formula,Converted),
   printRepresentation(Converted).